Cemetery Committee of the Jewish Genealogical Society
The JGS Cemetery Committee's primary mission is to facilitate genealogical research through the utilization of Jewish burial data in the New York metropolitan area. Our aim is to serve genealogists by enabling them to conduct cemetery-based research and to share its results with others.
2. Facilitate the submission of burial data to publicly accessible databases such as JOWBR.
3. Formulate data acquisition and recording standards and procedures for our work.
4. Educate and inform the JGS membership and the community about cemetery based research.
5. Maintain and enhance the JGS cemetery resources on the JGS website.
6. Encourage other entities such as cemeteries, burial societies, funeral homes, and other community organizations to improve the availability of burial-based data.
7. Cooperate with cemetery preservation programs.
Copyright © 2001-2009 Jewish Genealogical Society, Inc. All Rights Reserved.